Bitwave Design creates and manages websites for small businesses that are designed to help your business grow and reach new customers. Since 1999, we’ve helped businesses like yours to succeed online.
Our websites are designed to accomplish three main goals:
- Attract new customers – Your shiny new website is no good if potential customers can’t easily find it. We’ll work with you to improve your placement in online searches (also known as SEO), build incoming links and help you get a solid footing in social media, which together means more visitors to your website.
- Answer Their Questions Quickly – Most visitors to a business website are there for a specific reason. They are likely visiting many other websites in their search for the services or products you offer, and they probably only have a minute or so to browse your website. That’s why it’s important that your website is easy to use, and that important information is easily available, otherwise potential customers may leave in frustration.
- Build Trust – Your website should convince visitors to trust you and convince them to do business with you instead of your competitors. An attractive and professional design, testimonials, examples of your work, pages and articles sharing your expertise and answering questions, an about us page that explains your background, experience and training, these are a some of the factors that will make the difference.
Our websites are built based on the latest standards and best practices, for the best performance and results, highest security and compatibility.
- Mobile Friendly – Beginning in 2017, the average website began receiving over half of its traffic from mobile devices. Many search sites, like Google, now pavor websites that are mobile friendly. Our websites are 100% mobile friendly, and are further optimized to perform quickly on even older devices.
- SSL Encryption – A few years ago running SSL encryption on your website was uncommon except for e-commerce and financial websites, but as of 2020 it is considered essential. Not only does it secure your data and increase customer trust, but it also is preferred by Google and improves your search rankings.
- Secure Web Hosting – Our websites have been powered by Media Temple, Apache and WordPress for over 10 years. We constantly monitor and update our server software and website plugins, which is vital for avoiding hacks and exploits. Also, we create and implement our own code whenever practical instead of relying on premade plugins, since third-party plugins increase the likelihood of errors and security problems.
- Optimized for Speed – Websites that load faster are preferred by customers, but slow websites can be penalized by search sites like Google in search results. We create and use optimized code and images for the best balance of features, looks and speed.
- Optimized for Search – Successful websites must always consider the factors that make a site ‘search-friendly’. In addition to the factors already mentioned, we give attention to areas like keyword placement, sitemaps, alt-text, content quality, page titles and many more, that are important to getting found and getting better search rankings on Google and other search sites.