Set Up Your Domain Email in Gmail
Use the following steps to get your new email account working in Gmail. We will provide you with the correct username and password.
1. Log into your Gmail account.
2. Click on the Settings icon in the upper right corner. A drop down menu should appear and you can click on [See all Settings].
3. Click on the [Accounts and Import] tab. Then, in the section [Check mail from other accounts], click [Add a mail account]. A new window should pop up.
4. Enter your full email address in the new window, then click the [Next] button.
5. Ensure Import emails from my other account (POP3) is selected and click [Next].
6. In the next window:
- Enter the full email address as the username: [email protected]
- Enter the password for the account
- The POP Server is mail.domainname.com
- Select Port 110.
- Set the label option according to personal preference.
7. Click the [Add Account] button. You should receive a confirmation message that the mail account has been added (for receiving email).
8. Now, to be able to send mail out from Gmail using this address, make sure the “Yes” option is checked on the next screen. Then click the [Next] button:
9. Enter your name here. Leave the “Treat as an alias” button checked. Click the [Next Step] button.
10. On the next screen, enter the following information:
- The SMTP Server will be: mail.domainname.com
- Use Port 25
- Enter the full username again: [email protected]
- Enter the email password again
- Leave the TLS option checked.
- Click the [Add Account] button.
11. A confirmation email will have been sent to your Gmail inbox.
12. Check your Gmail inbox. You may need to wait for a minute or two.
13. Open the Gmail confirmation email.
14. Either click on the provided confirmation link or enter the confirmation code provided and click Verify. The small window will close automatically.
Congratulations! The mail for your domain name email account will now appear in your normal Gmail inbox. Let us know if you have any problems getting this working.